Thursday, May 27, 2010

Promo for Salem State Exhibition



KIM MIMNAUGH: New Work
exhibition dates: Oct 5 - Nov 4
reception Wednesday Oct 13 from 2-3pm

This new series of photographs by Kim Mimnaugh is intensely personal.
“My son has autism; which has made me see and question the world in a new way. I’m photographing my son out of love and also for the quirky exchanges we have while the camera is out. He is very visual and enjoys making photographs with me and by himself.”
“I’m also interested telling other mother’s and son’s stories through a series of portraits. Through these portraits, I hope to change the way the viewer looks at a person with autism and also see that relationship between a mother and son.”
Kim Mimnaugh is an accomplished photographer with an MFA in Photography from Massachusetts College of Art.  She has worked and taught at Salem State since 1991. Kim has produced many bodies of work, and while the content may be widely varied her photographs all share an arresting intensity, which both startles and touches those who view them.

1 comment:

  1. Your photos are AWESOME...Im Honored that you wanted to photograph us. Thanks Lori and Zack!!!!

    ReplyDelete